1. Heading fonts in your website can increase visibility & readability, ask the developer to use them properly
What are heading fonts? These fonts are nothing but a proper way of presentation in the context of web designing, you can ask a web designer to use heading fonts properly. There are 6 heading fonts: H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, where H1 is the biggest & H6 is the smallest heading font.
When we write a post on the website we use the heading font to impress visitors with great readability. From an SEO point of view, I don’t think there is much. But of course, it can generate some positive or negative site ranking signals.
Our point is Heading fonts deliver better readability factors. Better readability means that if your content is strong, people will not leave your website without reading it.
It can give you a low bounce rate, & can make your website rank higher. On Google’s official blog bounce rate is explained well
The best way to use these heading websites designing fonts is –
- The biggest font comes first, then the smaller one at last.
- Make it nested. The smallest heading font must be inside the covering paragraph for example – Primary page heading H1 (it has the biggest font), then H2, under this H2 heading font you can either place H3 or a description then again another H2 as a sub-topic under this H2 heading you can place another H3 or a paragraph. See image
2. Text should be visible
- Do you know which fonts are useless to determine if this minimizes your font size to 12 pt? If you are able to see your font that would be good. If your font is not visible even at 12 then simply don’t use it.
- If you want to find a better font from the best, then keep minimizing it till 9pt. Normal fonts are visible at a minimum 12 pts, great fonts can be visible at 9 pt, and super fonts are extraordinary even at 6 pts you can read the text.
The font size used should neither be too large nor too small. You can try different sizes to determine the best font for you.
3. The font should be the same on the whole website
Consistency is a major factor in building trust in the eyes of the visitors. So, keep in mind that you should be using the same font throughout the website.
- Heading fonts at the same size
- Paragraph through out the whole website should be in the same font size and color, exceptions are available only if you want to highlight something. Remember dont change Font fmily in your website font in any case except for some undefined situations.
4. Use font color for special purposes
If you want to give weightage to some text or number from the whole paragraph. You can use the colors to highlight. Keep font color light if you don’t have any offers. But, when you have something special to offer, you can use vibrant colors in the font.
Launched in 2010, Google Font is a font embedding service that includes a library of more than a thousand free and open-source font families. You can use and choose fonts from a variety of fonts there.
Google fonts are great for managing the load time of your website & they can enhance the website visitor page experience.
Let’s say you are using a font that is not a Google font on your website. When your end-user opens the website on his Android device, the website sends text & font information to the mobile device. As in this example, this is not a Google font so mobile has to render it into available fonts on the device.
This font-to-font conversion takes time. The solution is that we should use Google fonts so that they can load on mobile faster. If it loads faster your website becomes faster on mobile which is helpful in SEO.